Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Notice to committee and ministry group chairpersons

I have registered GUMC for its own account at Free Conference Call (https://www.freeconferencecall.com/). This will enable you to hold meetings by telephone conference call. And it really is free. (I have had my own account for a few years.)

Here is how it works:
  1. Contact Malissa or me for the login and password.
  2. Go to the web site above and login.
  3. You will be presented with a page that states this info (I have removed the numbers from this image):


Then send this Dial-in Number and Access Code to your members, along with what time they should dial in.

Shortly before the appointed time, call the dial-in number. Voice prompts will ask for the access code and then the Host PIN. Once you enter them, your call is live, and others may dial in, enter the access code, and you are connected. Once everyone is on the call, hold the meeting. Hopefully we won't need to do this a lot longer, but I have used Free Conference Call for more than a few meetings over time (usually for weather reasons) and it works.



Religion, science, God